UPC’s Information Center supports the whole educational process by making up-to-date information technology available for everyone. The center provides the following services:
Our state-of-the-art library is equipped with books, reference volumes, art collections, works of literature, and materials on every subject. Reservations can be made online.
Contains up-to-date daily newspapers and magazines relevant to all the major areas of study offered by UPC, as well as specialized magazines in an electronic format.
The library has a modern and important collection of software and compact discs on various subjects of interest.
Contains local and foreign programs as well as several classes and conferences taped at
This service provides access to the holdings of other libraries, right from the campus of UPC.
ROOMS FOR STUDY GROUPS
Special cubicles are equipped with audio & video systems and multimedia computers.
It is the regular form of communication in UPC. Each student has an electronic mailbox from
which, via Internet, he or she receives and sends messages within the University or to the
entire world. In addition, if the student has Internet access at home, he or she will be able to
review the campus mailbox from home.
Computers are available for our students so they can consult grades, attendance records, class, rank and more. They are also able to buy books and charge them to their account, pre-register and register, arrange appointments with tutors or advisors, and reserve
Information Center equipment. These operations can be done from the campus, home or any
Audio-visual equipment, such as video or computer, is available in each classroom, to support teaching activities.
APPLIED TEACHING SOFTWARE
Specialized software is used in courses such as mathematics and physics.
With the Internet the largest networking system in the world, we are able to access main
science and technology organizations. At UPC, all the computers have Internet access.
An internal network linked to a data bank offers the student valuable information on subjects
of university life and extra-curricular interests.
- Open Access students have direct access to different bibliographies.
- Take-Home Service provided with bar codes and an original self-assisted system.
- UPC Web Site contains the database of UPC and several other institutions. Users have
- the option to reserve material they are interested in, to be picked up later.
- Computer Room lending provides access to the university's internal network and the Internet.
- Printers and Scanners, printouts of documents in both black and white and color can be made. Pictures can also be scanned.
- Electronic Bulletins of the Latest Purchases, monthly information about acquisitions (books, videos, compact discs, etc.) in the Information Center.