Architects with a world view
The program of Architecture offers students a solid education through a combination of conceptual exhibitions and studio experiences. Here, students develop the level of creativity and inventiveness they will need to find constructive solutions to design problems.
As part of our program, the School of Architecture at UPC offers a variety of elective courses including study trips in Peru, Italy, Spain, France, United States, and other locations. Lasting approximately four weeks, and directed by faculty members, these courses give students exposure to examples of the most outstanding architecture in the world.
We also prepare our students for observation, analysis and synthesis of architectural challenges, so graduates are ready and prepared to hold positions as project designers, urban or landscape planners, investigators, architectural critics or graphic expression designers.
The UPC architecture graduate will be prepared to:
- Create and manage the architectural space.
- Translate the learning experience into practical projects.
- Produce interior and exterior architecture.
- Design, complement or enhance the urban experience.
- Manage architectural projects and supervise the construction process.
- Express graphically the architectural object and its blueprints and plans using all available technological resources.
ADVANTAGES OF A CUTTING-EDGE EDUCATION
- Personalized teaching: The ratio of students per professor in the Design Studios is ten to one.
- Active training methodology based on encouraging student creativity.
- Architecture courses from the first academic term and core courses distributed throughout the academic career.
- Study trips in Peru, Italy, Spain, France, United States and other countries, with such trips nourishing the development of perception. Use of construction laboratories that emphasize active learning methodology.
- International agreements with the Landscape Department at Oklahoma State University, L’Ecole Speciale d’Architecture in Paris, France, and the Department of Virtual Architecture at University of Texas, to develop joint projects involving students of both institutions.
In addition to the bachelor degree and the license, the students may obtain other specialized diplomas such us:
- Architectonic Art
- Architect Certified CAD
- Architectural Heritage Preservation