The UPC program of Economics and Finances trains students to be successful economists, prepared to face the challenges of globalization. Graduates are able to understand and easily make others understand macroeconomic subjects as well as business economics. These competitive professionals are in high demand by leading companies and institutions in Peru and abroad because of their high-quality integrated training, their teamwork capabilities and innovative spirits.
AREAS OF STUDY
The UPC program of Economics and Finances covers the following areas:
- Theory and Economic Policy
- Corporate Finance
- Mathematics for Economists
- Statistics and Econometrics
- Global Reality and Economic History
- Business Management
- Creativity in Business and Communications
- Economic and Finance Law
- Humanities and Social Science
- Information Systems
An economist from UPC:
- Is able to manage, integrate and direct teamwork in financial companies and specialized non-financial institutions, consulting companies, multilateral organizations or national and international organizations of public management.
- Has the capacity to analyze and interpret variables that affect the economy and the enterprise, and will be able to develop as an investigator, specialist in regulation or expert in economic policies.
- Promotes the development of companies with the ability to formulate strategic plans based on financial and market evaluations in any economic sector.
- Will be a successful entrepreneur due to a capacity to generate new business opportunities with his or her creative, technical and communication abilities.
- Will work in positions that demand promptness in decision making.
- Can fulfill the demands of internal and external communications, because of an ability to produce well-written and coherent documents of economic and financial analysis.
ADVANTAGES OF A CUTTING-EDGE EDUCATION
- Integral training in Economy and Finance that allows for continued professional development in diverse sectors and activities.
- Awareness of global and entrepreneurial economic trends through seminars and encounters with important economic leaders since the first academic term.
- Curricula based on the development of the professional and personal values that the labor market demands.
- Faculty composed of leaders in the world of business and economics, specially trained for classroom teaching.
- Unique quality management education system.
- Economics and Finance courses from the first academic term and core courses distributed along the student’s academic career.
- Methodology of cases tracking national and international trends, developed to guide the student in critical thinking and a capacity to solve real economic and enterprise problems.
- Integral training based on a solid culture of values that nourishes ethical decision-making.
In addition to the bachelor’s degree and the license the students may obtain other specialized diplomas such us:
- Economic Policy and Public Sector Management
- Corporate Finance
- Economics and International Business