Shaping professionals with a broad range of talents
The School of Engineering prepares professionals with leadership capabilities and skills to carry out high-quality projects in the different areas of their careers.
An UPC Civil Engineer is committed to lifelong learning, having an open mind toward new technologies and new ways of doing things.
The UPC Bachelor in Civil Engineering will be able to:
- Assume leadership positions with a high level of competitiveness in business management.
- Professionally research areas of specialty: Structures, Hydraulics, Geo-techniques, Roads, Construction and Management, all of which will later allow for the choice of a specialization.
- Perform a type of engineering that may preserve and protect the environment.
- Use economically sustainable technologies and materials.
- Develop in a modern world of Engineering with a strong profile where the main forces are technology, globalization and competence.
- Design and implement strategies to improve work productivity.
- Design, construct, maintain and manage civil works.
- Manage construction works.
- Evaluate projects in the different types of civil works.
ADVANTAGES OF A CUTTING-EDGE EDUCATION
- Civil Engineering courses are available to the student from the first academic term and the core courses are distributed throughout the student’s university career.
- Curricula that include rigorous courses that expose the student to the different Civil Engineering topics, preparing the graduate for continuing professional development.
- Students develop the capacity to manage construction projects with high productivity.
- Internships, which are mandatory for all students.
- Students have the opportunity to develop diverse specialty projects, such as hydraulics, road-building, management of construction companies, buildings, etc.
- Students will develop a high level of competency in use of CAD (computer-assisted drawing) tools. UPC is a qualified APTC (AutoDesk Premier Training Center).
In addition to the bachelor’s degree and the license the students may obtain other specialized diplomas such us: Management of Construction Companies.