Students in electrical engineering gain solid training in electronics, management, leadership and creativity. These skills, built upon a base of humanities teaching, produce dynamic leaders capable of growing professionally in technology companies, in fields such as telecommunications, networks and data networking, Internet, industrial and service automation, industrial robotics, electronic design, computer and microprocessors programming, bioengineering and others.
An Electrical Engineer from UPC will be prepared to:
- Design and integrate fixed, mobile and cellular telecommunication systems.
- Integrate broadband network technologies with an optimum use of resources.
- Design and set into operation industrial automation and robotics systems.
- Design digital systems based on microprocessors and other architectures.
- Design control software, equipment set-up and generic hardware.
- Select and integrate hardware and software technologies for diverse applications.
- Evaluate the technical, economic and financial feasibility of technological investment projects.
- Innovate in the area of development and use of modern technologies.
- Plan, manage and lead technological projects.
ADVANTAGES OF A CUTTING-EDGE EDUCATION
In addition to the bachelor’s degree and the license the students may obtain other specialized diplomas such us:
- Electrical Engineering courses are available to the student from the first academic term and the core courses distributed along the student’s academic career.
- Extensive access to laboratories with the latest technology available in software and equipment.
- Training in management.
- Customized education: classes of a maximum of 20 students and laboratories limited to 12 students.
- Active, participative and existential educational methodology.
- Cooperative agreements with universities and enterprises such as: Rochester Institute of Technology, Universidad de Campinas (Brazil), Lucent Technologies, Bell Labs Innovations, Avaya Communications, etc.
Development of the thesis project along the program.
- Bachelors working in high-profile companies such as: Motorola Peru, Motorola USA, Nextel, ATT, IBM, Telefónica, Cosapi Soft, Xerox Peru, Ericsson, Nokia, Texas Instruments USA, etc.
- Networks and Telecommunications
- Project Management
- Quality and Process Management
- E-business Systems