The UPC Industrial Engineering program provides solid training in the basic and engineering sciences. The curriculum is oriented toward analysis and design, implementation and process control, as well as proficiency in the optimum use of resources, with continuous improvement as the goal.
An Industrial Engineer from UPC will be prepared to:
- Design and manage goods and services production companies.
- Assume a leadership position in the enterprise in a short amount of time.
- Lead multidisciplinary teamwork.
- Plan and control the production of goods and services.
- Establish strategies for better productivity.
- Compete with other professionals in a global market.
- Make values-based decisions, taking into consideration ethics, social and environmental concerns.
- Adapt and adopt the latest technologies to goods and services production.
ADVANTAGES OF A CUTTING EDGE EDUCATION
- Industrial Engineering courses are made available to the student from the first academic term and the core courses are distributed throughout the student’s academic career.
- Distinguished faculty is composed of accredited professionals who are certified as educators.
- Development of the thesis project in the Thesis Research 1 and 2 courses.
- Students are exposed to the constant application of knowledge in joint projects developed with renowned companies.
- Students will benefit from the university’s permanent relations with the most recognized companies through the Office of Internship and Job Opportunities.
In addition to the bachelor’s degree and the license the students may obtain other specialized diplomas in:
- Quality and Process Management
- Service Engineering
- International Business