Hospitality Management and Business Administration
The School of Hotel Management and Tourism responds to the development needs of hospitality, recreation and leisure industry, basis that are fundamental for sustainable tourism. Our goal is the training of entrepreneurial leaders committed to the development of this industry sector.
A UPC Bachelor in Hospitality Management and Business Administration must be able to understand the importance of the hospitality industry in the development of the tourist and economic activity, to design projects oriented to satisfy specific demands and to organize a service that would guarantee an optimum stay to the visitor.
A UPC Bachelor in Hospitality Management and Business Administration is prepared to:
Manage hospitality, recreation and leisure business.
Manage the hospitality area in hospitals, clinics, clubs and cruises.
Manage camps in protected areas, or in other companies related to industrial and extraction activities, or to engineering projects execution.
Manage lodges, visitor’s centers and tourism, recreational and sport services.
Manage discotheques, clubs, pubs and other entertainment business.
Elaborate projects for private companies in the areas of hospitality, recreation and leisure.
Implement hospitality, recreation, leisure and sport projects for local, regional and national governments.
Design, organize and manage events for diverse institutions.
Differential advantages of the program
The Hospitality Management and Business Administration program trains professionals with an integral vision on hospitality, leisure and recreation, who are capable to formulate and evaluate projects related to these fields; with a clear orientation to the implementation and start of hospitality projects caring for the environment, the local cultures and with social responsibility.
Graduates may opt for a License in Hospitality Management and a License in Business Administration, a professional advantage to achieve better positions in a company.
This program is offered with the support of the Glion Institute, a global prestigious institution in hospitality and also member of Laureate International Universities. Our students can apply for a double degree, studying four years at UPC, one year at Glion Institute, and additionally a six-month internship in a world class hotel. Those who opt for this program will also get Glion’s Bachelor degree in Business Administration Hospitality Management.
ADVANTAGES OF A CUTTING-EDGE EDUCATION
- Specialty courses since the first academic term.
- Integral humanistic training is distributed along the curriculum.
- Basic and applied science courses are articulated in order to avoid unnecessary redundancy.
- Hands-on training since the first day of classes.
- Initial, intermediate, and final pre-professional internships in different establishments at diverse Peruvian and foreign regions are mandatory.
- Professional competences are developed.
- Important business training to promote entrepreneurial spirit in order to achieve a global business vision, and eventually develop their own business.
- As member of Laureate International Universities, the possibility of exchange and study abroad programs at international renowned institutions such as Les Roches Institute with campus in Switzerland, Spain and China; and the Glion Institute in Switzerland.