Sustainable Tourism Professionals
The School of Business with the specialized programs in hospitality and tourism responds to the developmental needs of the hospitality industry, the fundamental basis of sustainable tourism development, and has the mission of educating business leaders committed to the development of industry in this sector.
The Tourism and Hospitality Management program trains professionals as leaders and innovators, who are able to deal with the new trends in tourism, supported by a curriculum oriented to knowledge of reality which allows them to plan and manage to balance tourism development projects economically viable, to respect the ecological impact and to promote living cultures and national integration.
Advantages of a modern education
- Integral humanistic education distributed throughout the study years
- Basic and applied sciences courses
- Skills development
- Dual degree in Tourism and Business Administration
- Management training that enables graduates to develop their own business and gain a broad view of business world
- More than 40 years experience in tourism and hospitality education, thanks to the support and know-how of Laureate International Universities’ network
A UPC graduate in Tourism and Business Administration will be prepared to:
- Design, implement and monitor tourism projects, environmental impact assessment and cultural analysis of profitability and return.
- Create and manage entertainment companies in general, and related recreation such as casinos, nightclubs, social clubs and sports cruisers, etc.
- Creating and managing businesses directly involved in tourism such as travel agencies, airlines, tour operators, tourist transportation, etc.
- Leading consulting firms in sustainable tourism projects
- Designing and implementing tourism development policies at different levels (local, regional and national)
- Developing corporate social responsibility policies
- Designing, organizing and managing events of all types and levels
- Unfold in both the public and the private sector
- Work with international organizations which safeguard the environment
A UPC graduate in Tourism and Business Administration can work in:
- Diverse business specially engaged in tourism: tour operators, airlines, local transportation.
- Project Consulting Companies in concepts of sustainable tourism involving: environmental impact assessment, evaluation of social and cultural impact, cost and return analysis, policy development and corporate social responsibility.
- Nongovernmental Organizations (NGOs) aimed at socio-economic development of diverse populations and regions through the implementation of tourism projects.
- Various government agencies involved in tourism development policies implemented at various levels (national, regional or local)
- Service companies geared to entertainment and tourist recreation, such as casinos, nightclubs, cruises, social and sports clubs, etc.
- Tourism organizations administering international and global level as the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO).
Tourism courses since the first semester