Lawyers who prefer to negotiate solutions, rather than escalate into conflict UPC provides its students with a solid education, geared toward meeting the needs of different disciplines of various enterprises. Its curricula offer inter-disciplinary training in management, finance, accounting and communication.
UPC lawyers understand the reality and the necessities of the organizations where they work and are able to face challenges within an open market economy, a climate of business restructuring and investment regimes. All this is achieved through solid academic training and a strong professional and personal values culture.
A UPC lawyer will become a leader successfully oriented toward serving business and enterprises. His or her training will train the lawyer to look for conciliation and negotiation instead of confrontation, quarrels or litigation. The graduate of UPC will be able to hold a position in an attorney’s office, in an enterprise or in a modern public institution.
A UPC lawyer will be prepared to:
- Manage juridical reasoning, solving legal problems.
- Apply strategies and negotiation, mediation and conciliation methods.
- Dialogue fluently with professionals of other areas.
- Design and manage transactions.
- Produce legal documents.
ADVANTAGES OF A CUTTING-EDGE EDUCATION
- Law courses from the first academic term and core courses distributed throughout the student’s career.
- Curricula specially developed to answer to the market needs is completed in five years.
- Development of legal skills (legal reasoning, text comprehension and interpretation, logic, etc.) and communication abilities (appropriate use of the legal language, writing and argumentation).
- Study of alternative method studies of conflict resolution and development of negotiation skills.
- Teaching methodology that systematically challenges the students with legal problems, which in turn contributes to the development of critical-thinking skills.
- Interdisciplinary training in areas such as management, finance, accounting and communication.
- Masters in Business Law offered together with the School of Business.
In addition to the bachelor’s degree and the license the students may obtain other specialized diplomas such us:
- Corporate Law
- Investment Legal Treatment