Since its creation in 1994, UPC has focused on providing high quality education oriented towards educating
upstanding and innovative leaders with a global vision, so they can transform Peru.
At UPC, there are more than 57,300 enrolled students (*):
- Undergraduate: 44,230
- Working Adult Program (EPE): 11,827
- Graduate: 1,260
(*) Last update: December 2018
The UPC has more than 25,000 graduates from its three programs:
- Undergraduate: 12,177
- Working Adult Program (EPE): 5,214
- Graduate: 7,748
During the last three years, UPC granted scholarships to 50,718 undergraduate students, providing an increasing amount of young Peruvians with access to a high-quality higher education.
STUDENTS WHO BENEFIT FROM FINANCING PROGRAMS
2,671 UPC students have benefited from the different external financing programs.
- More than 6,000 UPC students have enjoyed international experiences.
- 100 % of the undergraduate programs offer, at least, one international program.
- More than 20 undergraduate programs offer an international double-degree.
Until 2019-2, there were 3,389 faculty members.
- Second place among all Peruvian universities, according to Scimago Institutions Ranking 2020.
- 37 research lines officially registered in UPC’s Research Department and Sunedu.
- 455 scientific publications in indexed media (journals, conferences or books) in Scopus and/or WOS.
- Funding of 4 research projects with external financial resources.
- 272 research projects selected and funded by UPC's VIII Annual Research Incentive Contest (2020).
- 18 patents accepted by Indecopi and registered in Patentscope.
- 532 students with thesis or research works published in media indexed with Scopus and/or WOS.
- Our Digital Journal of University Teaching Research (RIDU) was admitted to the e-library SciELO (Scientific Electronic Library Online) and in the Emerging Source Citation Index (ESCI). Currently, only 30 Peruvian journals are in SciELO. Only one, in addition to RIDU, regards Education.
UPC has a full-time research faculty of five members who are dedicated to intellectual production:
- Dr. Juana del Valle Mendoza
- Dr. Pohl Milón Mayer
- Dra. Leslie Casas Apayco
- Dr. Adrián Hernández Díaz
- Dr. Carlos Raymundo Ibáñez